zondag 8 april 2012

Valley of Shame

VALLEY OF SHAME
Mountains hide your eyes from the sun
Where mountains fail, dark clouds take over
They’re like sorrows absorbing the rays
I want to reach higher, but the pit is too deep
Debasing rain fills the pit with water
Waters of guilt and shame and pain
Taking on some sort of colour
But it’s impossible to detect which one
Freezing water holding me paralysed
Cold knives of guilt nailing me to the ground
Water like poison invading my body
I go mad with desire for the sun
Who wouldn’t want to exchange
Suffocating truths for candid lights
But there is no such thing
As climbing up a mountain
With your feet nailed to the ground
And eventually we all drown
In the rising water
And it is nobody’s fault but ours
The water tap is our own possession

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten